Skip to main content

Ramblings Of A Mad Woman


If you find yourself on this page by any chance, please bear with me for today. Though as I search the meaning of "ramblings" just to be sure, I realised, its exactly what this post is most likely to be. "Lengthy, confused and inconsequential."

I guess sometimes you just want to be heard but don't know how to really reach out. You want to have a conversation but don't know how to ask for it. At times, you even try and reach out, you often end up feeling a little letdown. (Even though you also know that the other person is hardly at fault)

Especially, amidst the Covid-19 lockdowns, no matter how much you try to stay sane, there are days you still lose your shit. It is easier to post, "It's ok not to be ok" but when your own 'not so ok' days arrive, you still feel the same which is ok too. 

While blogs can often feel like a lot of work, I often take to my usually private WhatsApp Statuses to express how I feel. It's off-course easier to pretend, "I don't care." But, somedays I can't help but wish someone reading the status could understand my not so subtle hints. 

It is true, I like it as a personal space. Writing is foremost for me a medium to express how I feel and I primarily write for myself. But, like most writers and bloggers, sometimes I deeply feel that longing to be read and like most humans wanting to be understood.

But, I still feel, on a few days I can minimise my expectations are easily my most joyful as well as my most productive. Rather as mom puts it, I often turn cranky when I spend too much time on the phone. I genuinely don't know the real science and psychology behind it, but I can't agree to disagree as it's really true. 

Probably, one of the basic things I do know (at least in my case) is how often being on social media apps makes you compare or at other times make you want to have conversations with certain people. But, the consequent disappointments and unnecessarily wasted hours from your day can definitely induce negative feelings. 

Furthermore, my present routines almost make my days feel like this huge 'To-do-list'. Although it is my own doing, with a job I intend to have, entrance tests I hope to prepare for, a distant programme I am enrolled in, friends I would wish to talk to, chores I would ideally like to contribute towards and those couple of hours I wish to have for myself, it definitely seems like a long list. 

It is actually a thing that has kept me going for the most part of these lockdowns. But, it also feels draining and overwhelming somedays when a day enjoyed and filled with distractions seems to come at an opportunity cost too.

For instance, today I filed my first story and then went on to stay lazy for the entire day. I off-course didn't mind it at the moment and rather even enjoyed the day. 

But, as yet another story came towards the evening while I had just sat down to complete the second one left for the day, I could not stop myself from feeling upset and irritated, as work leapt into the late hours of yet another day and delayed stories also meant having to sacrifice on a good deal of things including my evening walk and Podcasts for the day.

Moreover, the hot summers can further make me irritable as I forget to drink enough water and then, fail to realise why I am feeling like this. 

So, yeah these were the humble rumblings of this mad mad woman (that's me), trying to stay sane in the times of Corona.

PS. - Title credits go to my brother who unknowingly inspired this blog post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Article370

PC - News18 Over the past 16 days I have tried to read and listen to as many opinions as I could. Both in favour and against the scrapping of #Article370 irrespective of my personal belief and views on the matter. Although, honestly I am not sure if I have any. Its two weeks and having heard both sides I am still divided. But what's weird, is there are only 3 men from Kashmir I personally know who I have had discussions in the past. All three of them are moderate in their beliefs and considerate towards other communities as well unlike how many would like them to be portrayed, but today I don't see either of them supporting what's going on. They are the people who have lived in Kashmir and know ground realities better than many of us will ever know. I might not have the knowledge, experience and expertise to speak on such matters but  reading School time textbooks on Politics offlate just made me feel their voices need to be heard. That's the least we could do

Sheetal Di's Birthday

Date - 29/08/2017 Our first morning in Korea began with our friend's birthday. Sheetal is a part of our Student Exchange group from India alongwith Avinash, Anamika and Varsha. We wished her Happy Birthday in the midnight. Since we had nothing else we celebrated her birthday with a little of the snacks like chocolate and namkeen that we had in our room. Sujin took us to a bank, first thing in the morning so that we could exchange our money into Korean currency. Then we went us to a bakery where we bought a cake for Sheetal.  Then after doing our shopping we celebrated her Birthday with Sujin. The cake was delicious and I loved it. It was the tastiest cake I ever had. It was a new thing for Sujin to watch when we put a bit of the cream and cake on Sheetal's face. She was like people in your country don't mind it. There are so many differences in the culture and lifestyle of India and Korea. One thing I really like about people in this country and feel good about is they

A day full of birthdays

Date - 20/09/2017 Today was Deepika Di's, Aizhan Aappa's and Anu Manhotra Ma'am's birthday.  Deepika Di was my senior in Shoolini. She was one of the seniors I have always admired and looked upto. Wishing her a happy birthday was one of the first things I did today. She is intelligent, confident, classy, beautiful, helpful and a sweetheart. I haven't known her for a very long time but it has been a great experience to know her.  I got to know about Aappa's birthday through facebook. I wasn't sure what to do. I was thinking about it all day. I had just planned to gift her a small choco pie which I had but then did not felt like gifting that alone.  I just thought that probably a letter with some birthday wishes would seem nice. I don't have any clues about Kazakh so I took a little help from Google.  I just wrote happy birthday in Kazakh and the entire message was in English. I also wrote Happy birthday in Hindi in the end. She was very happy and delight