Skip to main content

Stop Expecting Them To Understand!

Source - Pixabay

The advice we empathetically present to our friends is often the same ones we learnt too late, at a cost we wish wasn't so huge. As you tell them that not all has been lost and their worth and what they bring to the table is way beyond the biggest of their dreams and worst of their failings they may have known. Yet in your own shoes, besides all the words you throw around to sooth your heart ache, you often feel defeated and lost beyond despair. 

You finally woke up but knowing that it probably is already too late doesn't really help your sleep. Nor does it do much to help you get out of bed as suddenly you begin to wake up with the worst of your fears each day. There is so much you know today; you just wish you had garnered enough will yesterday. But, I guess Bob Marley was right when he said, "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."  © Source: Quotespedia

Me being me, I didn't come back to my senses untill all my escape options stood exhausted and I finally had to confront the same old fix with not much space to run away. Those paralysing moments would always remain one of my strongest regret but me being me I needed to see an end to it all before I could finally move on. 

Offcourse no excuses can ever bring back those days and looking back, my brains are on their side too as they blame my weak choices over the past six months. But, I guess even when we know we had messed up big time, its constant reminders are the last thing we like to hear and still bring me back to paper and blogs to rant nonetheless. 

But, if there is anything I have leant in the past one year, pity parties and blame games take you nowhere. Sometimes, you gotta just accept your faults, all your mistakes in their entirity and learn to live with the same. Though on the ironic side, I guess life is finally gonna have its way where I finally dare to take a leap of faith or move on with my next best to never look back. 

It literally feels like loving two man and being equally scared of both and funny enough I still don't know which way to go. But, untill the time I remain in a fix, like an annoying child, I am gonna keep bothering you with my tales until my heart either finally find its way or a choice finally takes shape. But, signing off for now. Good Night. Take Care. #Pen'sProdigy #AWritingManiac all the way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Article370

PC - News18 Over the past 16 days I have tried to read and listen to as many opinions as I could. Both in favour and against the scrapping of #Article370 irrespective of my personal belief and views on the matter. Although, honestly I am not sure if I have any. Its two weeks and having heard both sides I am still divided. But what's weird, is there are only 3 men from Kashmir I personally know who I have had discussions in the past. All three of them are moderate in their beliefs and considerate towards other communities as well unlike how many would like them to be portrayed, but today I don't see either of them supporting what's going on. They are the people who have lived in Kashmir and know ground realities better than many of us will ever know. I might not have the knowledge, experience and expertise to speak on such matters but  reading School time textbooks on Politics offlate just made me feel their voices need to be heard. That's the least we could do

Sheetal Di's Birthday

Date - 29/08/2017 Our first morning in Korea began with our friend's birthday. Sheetal is a part of our Student Exchange group from India alongwith Avinash, Anamika and Varsha. We wished her Happy Birthday in the midnight. Since we had nothing else we celebrated her birthday with a little of the snacks like chocolate and namkeen that we had in our room. Sujin took us to a bank, first thing in the morning so that we could exchange our money into Korean currency. Then we went us to a bakery where we bought a cake for Sheetal.  Then after doing our shopping we celebrated her Birthday with Sujin. The cake was delicious and I loved it. It was the tastiest cake I ever had. It was a new thing for Sujin to watch when we put a bit of the cream and cake on Sheetal's face. She was like people in your country don't mind it. There are so many differences in the culture and lifestyle of India and Korea. One thing I really like about people in this country and feel good about is they

A day full of birthdays

Date - 20/09/2017 Today was Deepika Di's, Aizhan Aappa's and Anu Manhotra Ma'am's birthday.  Deepika Di was my senior in Shoolini. She was one of the seniors I have always admired and looked upto. Wishing her a happy birthday was one of the first things I did today. She is intelligent, confident, classy, beautiful, helpful and a sweetheart. I haven't known her for a very long time but it has been a great experience to know her.  I got to know about Aappa's birthday through facebook. I wasn't sure what to do. I was thinking about it all day. I had just planned to gift her a small choco pie which I had but then did not felt like gifting that alone.  I just thought that probably a letter with some birthday wishes would seem nice. I don't have any clues about Kazakh so I took a little help from Google.  I just wrote happy birthday in Kazakh and the entire message was in English. I also wrote Happy birthday in Hindi in the end. She was very happy and delight