Skip to main content

Transiting as My Journal Rebegins

As I continue to struggle in vain in my transition from college years to my first job, it often makes me think what is it that is really affecting me so much. On the surface I tend to know but I am not really sure if I do.

As I was thinking, I realized maybe it isn't really what I say. Maybe my biggest problem is the fact I failed and that too terribly to say the least. As I was trying to figure out.my life somehow post college, everyone seemed to have it all figured out. It felt like I was the only one who didn't knew what to do.

With most of my batch-mates getting admissions in our old or some new great institutions, it would feel like I was the one who was left behind. I must admit somehow some days I still feel like that. I still dread watching and scrolling social media. As everyone seems elated in those pics, I feel embarrassed. For failing, not being able to be proud of where I am, and yet failing to move out to a better place.

I often wonder maybe its just the jealousy that's talking or my own fear of failure. I am not sure in my heart if it is them or myself that I have let down. Secretly, I somewhere agree with her that my current state of affairs isn't really about my capabilities. It is somehow about me being confused and decisive at a time when it was crucial for me to make the right choices. 

A woman of dysfunctional emotional habits

Sometimes, just thinking where it all went wrong feels draining and too hard a battle to be fought. I was never a very bright student but still I had begin to believe that I hadn't done that bad. But despite odds, I had really put in a lot of efforts in those three years, gave all I had. 

But, was it a wise decision to be there in the first place? Maybe not. I genuinely feel it was absurd and stupid on my part to say the least. After all that hard work, even for  a second if I am forced to justify my decision, I genuinely don't feel like it. There were things that weren't in my hand but being there in the first place was my decision (an immature and a stupid one indeed).

But, I guess it isn't really about all those things, that place, its people or circumstances. Its just my own lack of strength and courage to face them. All else are just petty issues that shall be over as soon as this gets okay. Maybe that will  bring its own set of troubles but I guess I shall have to figure out my way with them as well but I wish to get there in the first place. 

But as events today had me thinking, why it is being so hard for me to detach and move on. It struck me that failure isn't really the problem. The problem is when we get stuck in those failures, not knowing what we do. The problem is with the way we get struck in those never ending expectations and attach that huge shame to failure.

Am I sorted right now? Nope. On the contrary I am currently more messed up than ever. Am I confused? Hell, YEAH! Do I feel stuck? Yes. Do I know I am just being stupid for thinking like that? I do. 

But, over the last couple of months, I have tried all I could trying to calm down and be happy. I do relax for a while but then feel this way yet again. Off late I have realized maybe i will continue to be like this unless I get it a little sorted somehow. But, by then I am just gonna keep trying to figure my way out. Though, I am not sure where I wish to head, I know I wish to move out and somehow I shall make it all work out OK. 

Signing Off for Today. 
Anne Adler 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Article370

PC - News18 Over the past 16 days I have tried to read and listen to as many opinions as I could. Both in favour and against the scrapping of #Article370 irrespective of my personal belief and views on the matter. Although, honestly I am not sure if I have any. Its two weeks and having heard both sides I am still divided. But what's weird, is there are only 3 men from Kashmir I personally know who I have had discussions in the past. All three of them are moderate in their beliefs and considerate towards other communities as well unlike how many would like them to be portrayed, but today I don't see either of them supporting what's going on. They are the people who have lived in Kashmir and know ground realities better than many of us will ever know. I might not have the knowledge, experience and expertise to speak on such matters but  reading School time textbooks on Politics offlate just made me feel their voices need to be heard. That's the least we could do

Sheetal Di's Birthday

Date - 29/08/2017 Our first morning in Korea began with our friend's birthday. Sheetal is a part of our Student Exchange group from India alongwith Avinash, Anamika and Varsha. We wished her Happy Birthday in the midnight. Since we had nothing else we celebrated her birthday with a little of the snacks like chocolate and namkeen that we had in our room. Sujin took us to a bank, first thing in the morning so that we could exchange our money into Korean currency. Then we went us to a bakery where we bought a cake for Sheetal.  Then after doing our shopping we celebrated her Birthday with Sujin. The cake was delicious and I loved it. It was the tastiest cake I ever had. It was a new thing for Sujin to watch when we put a bit of the cream and cake on Sheetal's face. She was like people in your country don't mind it. There are so many differences in the culture and lifestyle of India and Korea. One thing I really like about people in this country and feel good about is they

A day full of birthdays

Date - 20/09/2017 Today was Deepika Di's, Aizhan Aappa's and Anu Manhotra Ma'am's birthday.  Deepika Di was my senior in Shoolini. She was one of the seniors I have always admired and looked upto. Wishing her a happy birthday was one of the first things I did today. She is intelligent, confident, classy, beautiful, helpful and a sweetheart. I haven't known her for a very long time but it has been a great experience to know her.  I got to know about Aappa's birthday through facebook. I wasn't sure what to do. I was thinking about it all day. I had just planned to gift her a small choco pie which I had but then did not felt like gifting that alone.  I just thought that probably a letter with some birthday wishes would seem nice. I don't have any clues about Kazakh so I took a little help from Google.  I just wrote happy birthday in Kazakh and the entire message was in English. I also wrote Happy birthday in Hindi in the end. She was very happy and delight