Skip to main content

안녕!!!

23/12/2017

            One from sometime in South Korea

On Saturday as I woke up I knew it was probably my last morning in South Korea. There was excitement to be back home and meeting everyone but the sadness to leave Korea was still overpowering.

Before I could think about it for too long, in a rush to be all done by 9:00, those emotions were forced to take a back seat as we shuffled through the diffent tasks at hand.

That morning, among all the texts that popped up there were two in particular that caught my attention. Both came from friends I hadn't talked to for around a month.

Subee is a friend from Seoul and I became friends with Sugandhi in Solan. One made me feel sad for leaving Korea while the other made me feel excited about returning back to my country.

Around nine, Sujin came and I felt so glad to see here. All of us clicked  selfies with her. Then the taxi arrived and we left for the airport and said bye to our mentor with a hope to see each other again.

On our way, I was reminded of our very first day and the excitement I had felt for what lay ahead. Once again, I was glued to the window the same way trying to see all I can one last time as we were on our way back to India.

In the aircraft, it felt like such a long time since I had seen so many Indian faces. Our fight got delayed due to heavy air traffic and we were getting bored sitting there and doing nothing.

In our entire journey there was a sadness that you feel when your vacations are over. I knew this little adventure was over but I did not want to go back. I wanted to get back to all the friends I have made there and stay a Little longer.

I was glad to have undertaken this journey and I was thinking about all the things I did and also the things I think I had missed and I wish I had done. But in middle of all those thoughts there was a strong urge to press a rewind button. I really wanted to relive all those moments once again. I was like "please koi replay ka button dabaa do, I just don't wanna go back." Finally when I felt at ease I am returning back.

In the entire flight I wanted to reach faster but just as we landed I didn't want to land. I still wanted something to hang on to. Suddenly, I didn't want to leave my Indian friends and felt a little bad to say bye after staying together for so many days.

But when I finally saw Mom and hugged her, I was delighted and excited to be back. Finally I was with her and wanted to go home. On our way, I was telling her about my experiences and shared a few memories before I dozed off.

Without my realizing, it was already morning and we were back to Solan. It felt like just yesterday when I had left. But the hundreds of memories that accompanied me this time made it feel a bit different. We were all smiles as I reached home and saw my grandparents after four months.

Finally I was back home and suddenly as I looked back that morning every single regret was gone. I loved my journey with all the places I have seen, all the people I had met, all the friends I had made, all the tears I shed and finally I was ok with all the places I could not travel and would like to see as I return someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Article370

PC - News18 Over the past 16 days I have tried to read and listen to as many opinions as I could. Both in favour and against the scrapping of #Article370 irrespective of my personal belief and views on the matter. Although, honestly I am not sure if I have any. Its two weeks and having heard both sides I am still divided. But what's weird, is there are only 3 men from Kashmir I personally know who I have had discussions in the past. All three of them are moderate in their beliefs and considerate towards other communities as well unlike how many would like them to be portrayed, but today I don't see either of them supporting what's going on. They are the people who have lived in Kashmir and know ground realities better than many of us will ever know. I might not have the knowledge, experience and expertise to speak on such matters but  reading School time textbooks on Politics offlate just made me feel their voices need to be heard. That's the least we could do

Problems are okay!!!

This year, me and Kalyani learned an important thing - "Sometimes, its OK not to be okay". Don't underestimate this simple statement. Sometimes being able to say "its okay" is all you need in the moment. I hate to admit this to myself, but at times more you try fighting it more you end up losing. Rather than taking some impulsive and stupid decisions; give it some time. Simply let it pass. I will be honest, I am a real jerk when it comes to emotions but then most of us are. So, thats ok too. i know what works for me but when comes to practice, I often forget it at the moment. Wandering for the solution for weeks and after weeks of hard work you realize the solution was just in front of you staring at you all this while. More often than not, that is typically me. Remember, 'Late is better than never'. So, once its done, I like to smile and move on. There are always better problems that await. Cheers to this beautiful Life with its unending list of

A day full of birthdays

Date - 20/09/2017 Today was Deepika Di's, Aizhan Aappa's and Anu Manhotra Ma'am's birthday.  Deepika Di was my senior in Shoolini. She was one of the seniors I have always admired and looked upto. Wishing her a happy birthday was one of the first things I did today. She is intelligent, confident, classy, beautiful, helpful and a sweetheart. I haven't known her for a very long time but it has been a great experience to know her.  I got to know about Aappa's birthday through facebook. I wasn't sure what to do. I was thinking about it all day. I had just planned to gift her a small choco pie which I had but then did not felt like gifting that alone.  I just thought that probably a letter with some birthday wishes would seem nice. I don't have any clues about Kazakh so I took a little help from Google.  I just wrote happy birthday in Kazakh and the entire message was in English. I also wrote Happy birthday in Hindi in the end. She was very happy and delight