Skip to main content

Between God and Girl I want To Be

"Let them have the temples
Just keep your faith

Even if it is all a lie
I like to believe 

There is someone above us all
Just makes world a little less scary"

Even if it is a subject I return to every few months, making peace with traditons that erode my esteem, my sense of being has been an underlying struggle. I have also realised that I can't let go of my faith. It takes a part of me too.

When you feel helpless amid people who yield power or have enough money to exercise authority, you need something to know goodness too has its place in the larger scheme. 


Although I am extremely grateful, this year has brought in a truckload of questions. But I want to believe if there indeed is a God, he actually holds Kanha's calming smile. Somedays I need Arjun's friend, on others, the vastness of Shiva's Kailash...there are not many days I relate to Ram's responsibilities, maybe it is something I simply don't get. 

If there indeed is a God, I like to believe he isn't scared of my blood that he himself has made. Someone who saved Draupadi, loved Radha and Parvati, why should he treat me like a second-class pilgrim, just because I don't have a Y chromosome.

While I don't intend to rebel anytime soon, I just hope God will guide me and find a middle path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings Of A Mad Woman

If you find yourself on this page by any chance, please bear with me for today. Though as I search the meaning of "ramblings" just to be sure, I realised, its exactly what this post is most likely to be. "L engthy, confused and inconsequential." I guess sometimes you just want to be heard but don't know how to really reach out. You want to have a conversation but don't know how to ask for it. At times, you even try and reach out, you often end up feeling a little letdown. (Even though you also know that the other person is hardly at fault) Especially, amidst the Covid-19 lockdowns, no matter how much you try to stay sane, there are days you still lose your shit. It is easier to post, "It's ok not to be ok" but when your own 'not so ok' days arrive, you still feel the same which is ok too.  While blogs can often feel like a lot of work, I often take to my usually private WhatsApp Statuses to express how I feel. It's off-course easier...

Inside Gachon University Festival: My Experience as an Exchange Student in South Korea

Gachon University Festival in South Korea is a popular campus event featuring K-pop performances, student activities, and cultural celebrations. Originally experienced in September 2017, Gachon Festival was one of my most memorable experiences during my student exchange programme in South Korea. When people think of South Korea, they often imagine K-pop, K-dramas, street food and bustling cities. I too got a glimpse of that culture and celebration at the Gachon University Festival. It wasn't just about music and performances; it was about seeing thousands of students come together to celebrate, make memories and enjoy a brief break from their demanding academic schedules. I had attended college festivals back home in India, yet I was curious to see how a Korean university festival would compare. What Is the Gachon University Festival? Like many universities in South Korea, Gachon University organises an annual festival where students showcase their talents through music, dance, per...

Impressed with their Hindi

Today in the morning we met Sunaina and Priya. Sunaina and Priya are two of our Korean friends who can speak Hindi. I had heard a lot about Sunaina from Sheetal Di so I was excited to meet her. But when we actually met her, I was really impressed. All of us were like they look so cute when they speak Hindi. They actually were speaking pure Hindi and try not to mix even a single word of English when they speak Hindi. We were very glad to meet them and we promised to meet them again atleast before leaving.