Skip to main content

The Freedom To Feel Pain

Have you ever felt like you want the freedom to feel pain? I wish to go on a vacation not to catch a sunset but to sit aloof without worrying about getting ready for work, with no one to judge my tears, no one to show up for. I want the luxury to sit in silence and cry on a shoulder until my eyes run out of pain. I want to take a break without the fear that the world may pass over.

Have you ever run out of love? I sometimes feel the lack of love to the point I genuinely don't want someone to care, for it becomes another obligation, another reason I should be grateful. I don't know how to not show up even though my own heart needs repair. Maybe it is my own fault as I hate conflict and sometimes it can be a task to not be a people pleaser. 

Sometimes you simply don't have it in you to be happy for them because there is a part of you that still grieves all that you never got. Sometimes people who love us do everything in their power yet you can't help your feelings. You know you should be grateful but how do you force yourself. 

Have you ever felt the guilt for taking a break? As you grow old, your duties overpower your needs or maybe it is the self-attested pressure that doesn't let us breathe. It is like ending a marathon and asked to run another without a sigh in between.


Have you ever felt so alone, you feel like running away? Sometimes it is not a reflection on anyone else but your own mental health struggles that people with deeper resilience and more practical approach usually can't fathom. Sometimes, we know it all -- we can't bring back times we lost, can't get things we need -- just need extra time to process and move on. 

How do you sit with yourself when everyday next day's schedule is ringing in your ears? Sometimes sarcasm and poetry doesn't help, you deserve a place where you can be honest even if it reaches no one but you. Sometimes you want to share your struggles yet don't want to burden them with your pain. You understand adulting yet your body and mind are too tired to be brave. 

Sometimes, you don't want to be kind or loving or brave, yet you can't help yourself. Your heart lies in a job that is slowly killing it all. Sometimes, you know you should understand but you are sick of being the only one who does. In their eyes, they wish you well yet by your standards, you deserved better. Then, you realise,  having standards left you alone. You want to make peace yet you can't stand to look at the person mirror shows. You feel sad for yourself yet self-love remains miles away this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings Of A Mad Woman

If you find yourself on this page by any chance, please bear with me for today. Though as I search the meaning of "ramblings" just to be sure, I realised, its exactly what this post is most likely to be. "L engthy, confused and inconsequential." I guess sometimes you just want to be heard but don't know how to really reach out. You want to have a conversation but don't know how to ask for it. At times, you even try and reach out, you often end up feeling a little letdown. (Even though you also know that the other person is hardly at fault) Especially, amidst the Covid-19 lockdowns, no matter how much you try to stay sane, there are days you still lose your shit. It is easier to post, "It's ok not to be ok" but when your own 'not so ok' days arrive, you still feel the same which is ok too.  While blogs can often feel like a lot of work, I often take to my usually private WhatsApp Statuses to express how I feel. It's off-course easier...

Inside Gachon University Festival: My Experience as an Exchange Student in South Korea

Gachon University Festival in South Korea is a popular campus event featuring K-pop performances, student activities, and cultural celebrations. Originally experienced in September 2017, Gachon Festival was one of my most memorable experiences during my student exchange programme in South Korea. When people think of South Korea, they often imagine K-pop, K-dramas, street food and bustling cities. I too got a glimpse of that culture and celebration at the Gachon University Festival. It wasn't just about music and performances; it was about seeing thousands of students come together to celebrate, make memories and enjoy a brief break from their demanding academic schedules. I had attended college festivals back home in India, yet I was curious to see how a Korean university festival would compare. What Is the Gachon University Festival? Like many universities in South Korea, Gachon University organises an annual festival where students showcase their talents through music, dance, per...

Impressed with their Hindi

Today in the morning we met Sunaina and Priya. Sunaina and Priya are two of our Korean friends who can speak Hindi. I had heard a lot about Sunaina from Sheetal Di so I was excited to meet her. But when we actually met her, I was really impressed. All of us were like they look so cute when they speak Hindi. They actually were speaking pure Hindi and try not to mix even a single word of English when they speak Hindi. We were very glad to meet them and we promised to meet them again atleast before leaving.