Skip to main content

Cheonggyecheon Lantern Festival

Today I spent most of my day studying Finance. I was hppy and thrilled that I had read and completed atleast one chapte from the book.

In the evening, I went to meet Subee. I really wannted to meet her once before leaving. So, we decided yesterday to see each other in the evening today.

Subee is a University Student, I first met during my Cultural Exchange Program with an NGO group called Youth Goodwill Guide (YGG). Later during the Chuseok holiday, she toured me around Seoul as a guide. That was one of my best days in South Korea. I had an amazing time with her and thats when we actually became friends.

After that we stayed in touch and decided to meet again today. As usual, she had to meet me near a subway station (Jongno - 3 - ga station). When we saw each other, there was a bright smile on both of our faces and we just hugged each other.

We went to the Cheonggyecheon Stream. Luckily, today was the last day of the Seoul Lantern Festival that I could not attend because of my Korean exam.

We looked around the stream while having conversations. All those lights and cartoons were looking very cute and pretty in the night. In the end, I also left a lighted lantern in the stream after writing my wishes on the paper.

I simply love being with Subee because she makes sure I get to see and experience everything I can wherever we are. I still remember how we got along well just the moment we met and she simply made me feel like I was a friend.

Today, she was telling me about her schedule for the weekdays which is so busy and tiring. But she still likes to take the time out on weekends to take foreigners on these tours as a guide all around Seoul. She has also got a job in the Samsung Hospital which she will be joining next year after completing her graduation. I congratulated her and was really happy for her.

After around an hour we left since she had to meet some of her other friends too. When I apologized for disturbing her plans and thanked her for taking the time out for me, she sweetly replied that I am her friend too and it felt good to hear that. Even in the end, when I said goodbye before leaving she simply replied See you.  I don't know why but that just felt nice and sweet.

So just with these sweet moments, my another week ended on a sweet note leaving that wide smile on my smile before I sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Article370

PC - News18 Over the past 16 days I have tried to read and listen to as many opinions as I could. Both in favour and against the scrapping of #Article370 irrespective of my personal belief and views on the matter. Although, honestly I am not sure if I have any. Its two weeks and having heard both sides I am still divided. But what's weird, is there are only 3 men from Kashmir I personally know who I have had discussions in the past. All three of them are moderate in their beliefs and considerate towards other communities as well unlike how many would like them to be portrayed, but today I don't see either of them supporting what's going on. They are the people who have lived in Kashmir and know ground realities better than many of us will ever know. I might not have the knowledge, experience and expertise to speak on such matters but  reading School time textbooks on Politics offlate just made me feel their voices need to be heard. That's the least we could do

Problems are okay!!!

This year, me and Kalyani learned an important thing - "Sometimes, its OK not to be okay". Don't underestimate this simple statement. Sometimes being able to say "its okay" is all you need in the moment. I hate to admit this to myself, but at times more you try fighting it more you end up losing. Rather than taking some impulsive and stupid decisions; give it some time. Simply let it pass. I will be honest, I am a real jerk when it comes to emotions but then most of us are. So, thats ok too. i know what works for me but when comes to practice, I often forget it at the moment. Wandering for the solution for weeks and after weeks of hard work you realize the solution was just in front of you staring at you all this while. More often than not, that is typically me. Remember, 'Late is better than never'. So, once its done, I like to smile and move on. There are always better problems that await. Cheers to this beautiful Life with its unending list of

A day full of birthdays

Date - 20/09/2017 Today was Deepika Di's, Aizhan Aappa's and Anu Manhotra Ma'am's birthday.  Deepika Di was my senior in Shoolini. She was one of the seniors I have always admired and looked upto. Wishing her a happy birthday was one of the first things I did today. She is intelligent, confident, classy, beautiful, helpful and a sweetheart. I haven't known her for a very long time but it has been a great experience to know her.  I got to know about Aappa's birthday through facebook. I wasn't sure what to do. I was thinking about it all day. I had just planned to gift her a small choco pie which I had but then did not felt like gifting that alone.  I just thought that probably a letter with some birthday wishes would seem nice. I don't have any clues about Kazakh so I took a little help from Google.  I just wrote happy birthday in Kazakh and the entire message was in English. I also wrote Happy birthday in Hindi in the end. She was very happy and delight