Skip to main content

My week so far

Today when I woke up in the evening for dinner, I realized Thursday is over and my another week in Korea is almost over and I have probably done nothing this week but just as I was about to write that down, I realized actually it wasn't that bad. I did had a few thing to look back and smile this week.

Actually, for almost the entire week especially the first two days, I was sought of in a hangover of my trip to DMZ last weekend. It was really good, so many things but still it felt like in a blink my weekend was over. I don't know but after just those two days of my weekend trip with all those foreign students getting back to dormitory felt a little strange but all my stress, worries if any that was building up was gone after this trip.

So here is a brief summary of this week so far -
 

  • From the DMZ trip, I had brought a small card for my Korean Language teacher with a stamp of her Zodiac sign. When we went to the Astronomical Observatory (which is actually in the middle of the Korean Peninsula) , I just remembered her birthday so wanted to bring it for her. So, I gave it to her on Monday. It was a small thing but I felt so good that she liked it and she was so happy.
  • On Tuesday, Gachon University had its first International Fair and International students from different participated and represented their countries. There were participant students from Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kenya, China, Vietnam, Mongolia and France. All of us skipped our Korean Language class for the day and went to attend the function. We got to enjoy the dance of different countries and taste their foods. Actually when we went there we really wished that we knew more about it before and could also have represented India. But I was glad and pleasantly surprised to see Inosha (a Sri Lankan student) in a Saree. After all the Performances, we could leave, so, Varsha Di and Anamika Di went to the Dormitory nut I just wanted to stay for a little more so I decided to stay back. I met Professor Greg Louis. He is from Canada and had recently joined Gachon and teaches English Literature. I played a small game which he suggested in which I got to learn a little about Canada and he got to know about India. We were later joined by Professor Patrick who is from America. The two of them were actually pretty cool and it was fun playing with them. Later before leaving I chatted with my friends from Uzbekistan and Alik who is from Tajikistan. I was also glad to meet Tatiyana again in the function. All of them had put a lot of hard work and were tired.They had put up a great show and I really enjoyed it.
  • On Wednesday, after my Korean class I went out with a friend of mine, Sardor. He is from Uzbekistan and is an Undergraduate student in Gachon University. He is major is also Business Administration so we take a couple of classes together. We went to a Coffee Shop 'Coffee Mama'. It was a long walk to the coffee shop but I enjoyed talking to him on our way.  I wasn't sure what to order so just asked him to order for both of us (whatever he likes). He ordered a dessert and a mango juice. The dessert was delicious. I also got to know more about him and his country Uzbekistan. We talked about our stay in South Korea, our interests and hobbies and also got to know more about each other's countries. Another Interesting thing I got to know was Babur was actually both Mongol and Turkish. I never knew Mughal is a sought of a mispronunciation of Mongol, not muslim. I enjoyed our conversations and the time we spent together. 
  • On Thursday, we learnt about the name of four seasons and different weathers in Korean language. There is less than two weeks of Korean Language Class left and we were talking about it after dinner and now none of us want it to end. it was the only class in which we could do anything and we had so much fun. I think I am going to miss our teacher. She is so cute and sweet. We were just discussing how it seemed so hard in the beginning. I thought I will never be able to learn it. I am so glad we took this class and got to learn at least a little of Korean language.
     It was actually a nice week. Lets see what this Friday has for me. Good night guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Article370

PC - News18 Over the past 16 days I have tried to read and listen to as many opinions as I could. Both in favour and against the scrapping of #Article370 irrespective of my personal belief and views on the matter. Although, honestly I am not sure if I have any. Its two weeks and having heard both sides I am still divided. But what's weird, is there are only 3 men from Kashmir I personally know who I have had discussions in the past. All three of them are moderate in their beliefs and considerate towards other communities as well unlike how many would like them to be portrayed, but today I don't see either of them supporting what's going on. They are the people who have lived in Kashmir and know ground realities better than many of us will ever know. I might not have the knowledge, experience and expertise to speak on such matters but  reading School time textbooks on Politics offlate just made me feel their voices need to be heard. That's the least we could do

Problems are okay!!!

This year, me and Kalyani learned an important thing - "Sometimes, its OK not to be okay". Don't underestimate this simple statement. Sometimes being able to say "its okay" is all you need in the moment. I hate to admit this to myself, but at times more you try fighting it more you end up losing. Rather than taking some impulsive and stupid decisions; give it some time. Simply let it pass. I will be honest, I am a real jerk when it comes to emotions but then most of us are. So, thats ok too. i know what works for me but when comes to practice, I often forget it at the moment. Wandering for the solution for weeks and after weeks of hard work you realize the solution was just in front of you staring at you all this while. More often than not, that is typically me. Remember, 'Late is better than never'. So, once its done, I like to smile and move on. There are always better problems that await. Cheers to this beautiful Life with its unending list of

A day full of birthdays

Date - 20/09/2017 Today was Deepika Di's, Aizhan Aappa's and Anu Manhotra Ma'am's birthday.  Deepika Di was my senior in Shoolini. She was one of the seniors I have always admired and looked upto. Wishing her a happy birthday was one of the first things I did today. She is intelligent, confident, classy, beautiful, helpful and a sweetheart. I haven't known her for a very long time but it has been a great experience to know her.  I got to know about Aappa's birthday through facebook. I wasn't sure what to do. I was thinking about it all day. I had just planned to gift her a small choco pie which I had but then did not felt like gifting that alone.  I just thought that probably a letter with some birthday wishes would seem nice. I don't have any clues about Kazakh so I took a little help from Google.  I just wrote happy birthday in Kazakh and the entire message was in English. I also wrote Happy birthday in Hindi in the end. She was very happy and delight