Skip to main content

Last Korean class

" 안녕하세요 부터 안녕 히 가세요 까지 이 여행이 너무 예쁘고 재미있었어요"

From learning how to say hello in Korean to our last class today it had been a beautiful journey for all of us. I still remember (and I think will always do)  how the first week of Korean class was so scary for me. I used to feel like crying sitting in the class because there wasn't a word of it that I could possibly understand. I thought I would never be able to learn it.

But our teacher never gave up on us and we began to learn things gradually. In the first week we began by learning the Korean alphabets, then words and   sentences. 

My name is a bit long and sounds a bit weird in Korean. So, during the first couple of weeks, one of my teachers shortened my name to "나비" i.e. Nabi which means Butterfly in Korean. Now actually a few people call me Nabi here. I actually think its sweet (because of its meaning) and I like it. Coincidentally, even some of the things I bought or got here had pictures of butterfly on it.

I  still remember when each of us made a small video of self introduction. I think there were just three lines that we spoke but I still remember being proud of it and laughing at ourselves at the same time. I even went ahead with sharing it with my family and friends and even some of my professors. I guess that was one of the first steps that motivated me that I could do it.

As the days went by, those strange words began to make sense and it became the one class we guyz enjoyed the most. From eating to sleeping, homeworks to tests, singing to playing and videos to outings there is nothing that I haven't done in this class in the last ten weeks.

I might not know even the proper basics of Korean but for someone who knew nothing when she came, knowing atleast this much is definitely a big deal. Thank you so much Sir for encouraging me and emphasizing on my learning the Korean language. I am so glad that I took this class and learnt Korean.

Tomorrow I have my final exam for Korean class and yes I am scared. It feels like all I have learnt in the last ten weeks is being put to test tomorrow. So, now I am just gonna rest it here and go back to my room and study. I just hope it goes well.

           "감사합니다 선생님 💗💗💗"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Article370

PC - News18 Over the past 16 days I have tried to read and listen to as many opinions as I could. Both in favour and against the scrapping of #Article370 irrespective of my personal belief and views on the matter. Although, honestly I am not sure if I have any. Its two weeks and having heard both sides I am still divided. But what's weird, is there are only 3 men from Kashmir I personally know who I have had discussions in the past. All three of them are moderate in their beliefs and considerate towards other communities as well unlike how many would like them to be portrayed, but today I don't see either of them supporting what's going on. They are the people who have lived in Kashmir and know ground realities better than many of us will ever know. I might not have the knowledge, experience and expertise to speak on such matters but  reading School time textbooks on Politics offlate just made me feel their voices need to be heard. That's the least we could do

Problems are okay!!!

This year, me and Kalyani learned an important thing - "Sometimes, its OK not to be okay". Don't underestimate this simple statement. Sometimes being able to say "its okay" is all you need in the moment. I hate to admit this to myself, but at times more you try fighting it more you end up losing. Rather than taking some impulsive and stupid decisions; give it some time. Simply let it pass. I will be honest, I am a real jerk when it comes to emotions but then most of us are. So, thats ok too. i know what works for me but when comes to practice, I often forget it at the moment. Wandering for the solution for weeks and after weeks of hard work you realize the solution was just in front of you staring at you all this while. More often than not, that is typically me. Remember, 'Late is better than never'. So, once its done, I like to smile and move on. There are always better problems that await. Cheers to this beautiful Life with its unending list of

Aizhan Aapa

Date -07/09/2017 Aizhan Aapa is my first Friend here, besides Sujin Onni(my mentor). Actually her name is Aizhan but she is elder to me so I call her Aizhan Aapa. We both like it that way. Aizhan Appa is from Kazistan and is majoring in Korean language here. It is her second year here and she will be here for two more years. Apart from studies, she also works as an assistant in the dormitory office on alternative days here. Today I went for an evening walk with her. I always enjoy talking to her and spending some time with her. She is friendly, helpful and sweet. A lot of times when we are stuck with something or don't know how to do something in the dormitory she always tries to help her out. One day we got locked outside our room because all of us had forgotten our cards inside. Even on that day, she opened the door for us with the master card with a polite caution not to repeat the same mistake again. She is a huge fan of Indian movies especially Shah Rukh Khan. Today we tal