Skip to main content

A day filled with sweetness

For a long time, I really wanted to sit for an exam without reading a single page the day before. So yes I did that for the Strategy Management exam.

After the exam, I texted Kate and since both of us were free we planned to meet up. She brought cookies for me and I really liked the one I ate. It was yummy. 

For around an hour we roamed around a bit and talked about a lot of stuff from career plans to hobbies, Korean language and Indian food and a couple more things too. She told me she really likes Indian food and she goes to eat at Diwali twice a week with her other friends.

Then she went for lunch and I left for my class. After the lunch, I met another teacher in the Global Centre. She asked about my country and was so delighted to know I was from India.

She gave me tea which smelled really good. I loved it. She also gave cookies to me and Akira. Akira is a Malaysian friend of mine. I also met Alik today after really long and I was so glad to see him again.

I also was very happy to be complimented for my Korean Handwriting twice. Firstly, Kate said its beautiful and then the teacher in the global centre also complimented me. I was so happy to hear that.

Another good news for the day is I have also got an appointment with my Journalism Professor for thursday. I am very excited and also a little nervous about it.

In case you were wondering yes I enjoyed it but I did not perform well in the exam today. I really don't have plans to go the same way again but I too am trying to not take exams too seriously.

Its ok to have ok grades but what I am concerned about my knowledge. I really want to be better with G.K.

I have given myself a target to create a good knowledge base by the end of my 5th semester and atleast have the basic general knowledge. When I go back I am really gonna make more serious and consistent efforts to make newspapers a part of my life and try to stay more updated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings Of A Mad Woman

If you find yourself on this page by any chance, please bear with me for today. Though as I search the meaning of "ramblings" just to be sure, I realised, its exactly what this post is most likely to be. "L engthy, confused and inconsequential." I guess sometimes you just want to be heard but don't know how to really reach out. You want to have a conversation but don't know how to ask for it. At times, you even try and reach out, you often end up feeling a little letdown. (Even though you also know that the other person is hardly at fault) Especially, amidst the Covid-19 lockdowns, no matter how much you try to stay sane, there are days you still lose your shit. It is easier to post, "It's ok not to be ok" but when your own 'not so ok' days arrive, you still feel the same which is ok too.  While blogs can often feel like a lot of work, I often take to my usually private WhatsApp Statuses to express how I feel. It's off-course easier...

Inside Gachon University Festival: My Experience as an Exchange Student in South Korea

Gachon University Festival in South Korea is a popular campus event featuring K-pop performances, student activities, and cultural celebrations. Originally experienced in September 2017, Gachon Festival was one of my most memorable experiences during my student exchange programme in South Korea. When people think of South Korea, they often imagine K-pop, K-dramas, street food and bustling cities. I too got a glimpse of that culture and celebration at the Gachon University Festival. It wasn't just about music and performances; it was about seeing thousands of students come together to celebrate, make memories and enjoy a brief break from their demanding academic schedules. I had attended college festivals back home in India, yet I was curious to see how a Korean university festival would compare. What Is the Gachon University Festival? Like many universities in South Korea, Gachon University organises an annual festival where students showcase their talents through music, dance, per...

Impressed with their Hindi

Today in the morning we met Sunaina and Priya. Sunaina and Priya are two of our Korean friends who can speak Hindi. I had heard a lot about Sunaina from Sheetal Di so I was excited to meet her. But when we actually met her, I was really impressed. All of us were like they look so cute when they speak Hindi. They actually were speaking pure Hindi and try not to mix even a single word of English when they speak Hindi. We were very glad to meet them and we promised to meet them again atleast before leaving.